Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) Prelims and Mains Syllabus
Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) conducts examination almost every year for the post of Sub Divisional Magistrate, Bihar Police Service, Revenue Officer, Municipal Executive Officer, Supply Inspector, Block Welfare Officer, Labour Enforcement Officer, Block Minority Welfare Officer, Block Panchayat Officer etc. BPSC takes examination in three phases i.e. Prelims, Mains and Interview. Prelims is for screening purpose and final rank include only marks of Mains and Interview exams. Examination center will be in Bihar Only.
About Preliminary Exams
- It consists of a total of 150 questions of objective type and each question carries 1 mark.
- There is no negative marking.
- Examination Time : 2 hours
- Examination Mode : Offline (Pen-Paper)
BPSC Preliminary Syllabus
- General Science
- Events of national and international importance
- History of Bihar and Indian History
- Geography of Bihar
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Changes in the economy of Bihar post-independence
- Indian National Movement and Role of Bihar
- General Mental Ability
About Mains Exams
- After qualifying Prelims examination you can appear for mains examination.
- It consists of four papers i.e. General Hindi – Qualifying Paper, General Studies 1 (300 marks), General Studies 2 (300 marks) and Optional Subject (300 marks).
- Duration for each paper is 3 hours.
BPSC Mains SyllabusGeneral Hindi – Qualifying Paper
- Essay – 30 marks
- Grammar – 30 marks
- Syntax – 25 marks
- Precis/Summary – 15 marks
- Indian Culture
- Modern History of India
- Contemporary events of national and international importance
- Statistical Analysis, diagrams and graphs
- Indian (and Bihar) Polity
- Indian (and Bihar) Economy
- Indian (and Bihar) Geography
- Role and impact of Science and Technology in the development of India (and Bihar)
|English Language and Literature||Urdu Language and Literature||Hindi Language and Literature|
|Persian Language and Literature||Arabic Language and Literature||Pali Language and Literature|
|Maithili Language and Literature||Bangla Language and Literature||Sanskrit Language and Literature|
|Zoology||Philosophy||Political Science and International Relations|
|Psychology||Public Administration||Labour and Social Welfare|
|Commerce and Accountancy||Electrical Engineering||Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science|